Saturday 14 May 2011

R.I.C.E



My picture is misleading as I am not talking  about the useful grain that grows in paddy fields but instead the acronym for Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation...
I have sprained my ankle! I will now be out of action for a few days while I try and take the edge of the throbbing. I'm so angry at myself as I seriously wanted to go back to crossfit this weekend, and now I am going to have to wait a while. SIGH

On a side note, Adam at Practical Paleolithic has recently posted an article outlining the how much a woman athlete, who is training hard and too the max, should achieve in weightlifting. The suggestions are:

Bench Press: 165-210 pounds
Squat: 220-280 pounds
Deadlift: 275-350 pounds
OUCH! That does seem like an awful lot but not too unachievable. As I am average weight and height, I will aim for the middle of these brackets.
Bench Press: 187.5lbs (85kg)
Squat: 250lbs (113kg)
Deadlift: 312lbs (142kg)

No comments:

Post a Comment