Thursday 3 March 2011

Ouch!!


You know you've done a really good work out when those stairs to get down and out of the gym are a cause for concern. I decided to push myself towards the end of my squat set to see what I am truly capable of. I managed to push my squat weight up to 42.5kg for 8 reps. I was so worried that the last one would be the death of me. That horrible feeling when you get as low as you can manage and your legs just cant push up any more. You are stuck in that limbo of not going any lower but not pushing up either. I began to panic, would this be my first fail? Luckily for me I managed to push through the pain and stand up straight. Queue massive relief and considerable pride. I almost felt like saying to the man that had been staring at me the whole time "That's right, I am squatting more that you after 1 month of work!" I like to think that his leery staring changed to one of respect when he saw me struggle and defeat that last rep. Getting down those stairs was another challenge. My legs were shaking so much I was truly worried that I was going to fall down a flight of steps. But the worst of it is today. My goodness! I am majorly feeling it today but I am kind of enjoying it. Does that make me wrong?! Its not painful in the way that I have injured myself but in a way that tells me that yesterday was a good training day. To quote my training partner, "it is an ache that is like a really good stretch". However it does make me walk a little bit like a duck... I will let you imagine that one!
On another note, my hands are developing some pretty impressive calluses. A friend said I should pumice them down, but I quite like them. They are a produce of my hard work and if they stop my hands from hurting during a work out then damn, they can stay. And anyway, my hands are almost the same size as my partners, they might as well have mirror image calluses too ;)
I would love to work out today as well but my body is telling me to keep it easy today. So instead I am going to crack on with cleaning my house. Considering I live with 6 other students, you can imagine the destruction.


Thankfully this is not my house!!! But I am a clean freak and even the slightest amount of mess distracts me. I am celebrating my birthday tomorrow, and I have enough pride that I don't want my friends to see my yucky house. So I am slapping on the marigolds and tying my hair up like a war time house wife, armed with anti-bacterial spray and a hoover. So now I am off to work a miracle on my house... and woe betide anyone that destroys the peace before tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment